TAKES FROM THE GUEST BOOK
“Kiitos! I loved having coffee & a snack here! This place is great! Thanks!” -Riverside, CA, USA “Its very good cappuccino, so friendly personel. Good! Good! Good!”
“It’s a really nice place, I like the atmosphere a lot <3″ “Thank you for a relaxed visit! So nice to be here with the kiddy!”
The Local Culture Café
Step into the amazing world of The Local Culture Café. Walk in through the robust double doors into the enchanting café. Choose the most delicious treats from the café; fragrant fresh coffee, aromatic delicious tea, beer from an artisan brewery, bun or a salty pastry from the local bakery. Sink into a soft sofa to enjoy the atmosphere alone or with friends. Spend time, play board games, listen to good music, work, read, whatever you want. The Local Culture Café is your living room right by the city centre.
Our selection is solely based on vegetarian and vegan options and we favor local products.
The Local Culture Café selection
Organic coffee from Roastery Papu
Delicious tea selection from Teeleidi
Sweet and salty Finnish pastries
Beer from a local artisan brewery Hiisi
Vegan organic wines
Finnish cider and long drinks
Gelatos & sorbets from a local Art Gelato
Seasonal Finnish treats
We have also vegan options!
Come and try our Finnish breakfast!
Breakfast buffet 8,90€
Porridge breakfast 4,50€ (students 4,00€)
The Local Culture Café arranges different sorts of events all the time!
Take part in our fun pub quizzes and different second hand markets, come and listen to live music, see or purchase local art and enjoy some theatre or cinematography.
Events at The Local during winter / spring 2019:
– Thu 14.2. at 18.00-19.00: Valentine’s Day concert (for free) “All roads lead to Amor” by Elias Chavez & Heikki Isoniemi <3
– Sat 16.2. at 19.00-19.45: Desert Rain, tickets from the door: 5€/person
– Sat 23.2. at 8.00-22.00: THE LOCAL’S 1-YEAR BIRTHDAY PARTY! <3
– Tue 26.2. at 17.00-20.00: Dance-evening, organizer: Rock’n’Swing Dance Club Break ry
– Fri 8.3. at 19.30-21.30: Folk evening – Räsynukke, Suontausta & Puusaari
– Wed 13.3. at 9.00-10.00: Morning coffee with culture producers (in Finnish)
– Thu 14.3. at 18.00-19.00: Pop-/jazz concert by music students of Jyväskylän Kristillinen Opisto
– Sat 23.3. at 18.30-19.30: Charity concert (profit for dogs)
– Tue 26.3. at 17.00-20.00: Dance-evening, organizer: Rock’n’Swing Dance Club Break ry
– Sat 30.3. at 18.00-20.00: “Dear diary” -club
– Tue 9.4. at 17.00-20.00: Dance-evening, organizer: Rock’n’Swing Dance Club Break ry
– Wed 17.4. at 9.00-10.00: Morning coffee with culture producers (in Finnish)
– Tue 23.4. at 18.00-19.00: Display concert by Arttu Härmälä
Art exhibitions at The Local Culture Café on 28.12.2018 – 28.2.2019
– Downstairs, balcony & vitrines: Jenna Rauvala – “KUMMA UNI”
Our exhibitions are fully booked until fall 2019, so at the moment we don’t take any new reservations. We will inform, when it’s possible again.
CAFÉ IS OPEN
MON-FRI 7.30am – 8pm
SAT 8am – 8pm
SUN 8am – 6pm
BREAKFAST IS SERVED
MON-FRI 7.30am – 10am
SAT-SUN 8am – 12pm