The Local Culture Café
Step into the amazing world of The Local Culture Café. Walk in through the robust double doors into the enchanting café. Choose the most delicious treats from the café; fragrant fresh coffee, aromatic delicious tea, beer from an artisan brewery, bun or a salty pastry from the local bakery. Sink into a soft sofa to enjoy the atmosphere alone or with friends. Spend time, play board games, listen to good music, work, read, whatever you want. The Local Culture Café is your living room right by the city centre.
Our selection is solely based on vegetarian and vegan options and we favor local products.
We are part of a cage-free campaign by a Finnish animal rights organization. This means that we only use free-range eggs, or so called “happy eggs” in our cafe. <3
The Local Culture Café selection
Organic coffee from Roastery Papu
Delicious tea selection from Teeleidi
Sweet and salty Finnish pastries
Beer from a local artisan brewery Hiisi
Vegan organic wines
Finnish cider and long drinks
Gelatos & sorbets from a local Art Gelato
Seasonal Finnish treats
We have also vegan options!
Come and try our Finnish breakfast!
All you can eat breakfast buffet 15,90€/person
Customize your own breakfast from the buffet, starting 2€
CAFÉ IS OPEN ON DECEMBER
MON-FRI 8am – 6pm
SAT 9am – 5pm
SUN 9am – 1pm
EXCEPTIONAL OPENING HOURS
– Fri 6.12. at 9.00-16.00
– Sat 7.12. at 9.00-16.00
– Sun 8.12. Café & reception are closed
BREAKFAST IS SERVED ON DECEMBER
MON-FRI 8am – 10am
SAT-SUN 9am – 12pm
The Local Culture Café arranges different sorts of events all the time!
Take part in our fun pub quizzes and different second hand markets, come and listen to live music, see or purchase local art and enjoy some theatre or cinematography.
Events at The Local during autumn 2019:
– Tue 3.12. at 18.30-18.45: Jazz-choir by Adult Education Centre
– Wed 4.12. at 9.00-10.00: Morning coffee with culture producers by Jyväskylän kaupungin kulttuuri- ja osallisuuspalvelut
– La 7.12. at 15.00-16.00: Sol de Noche. Tickets from the door: 10€/7€ (cash only).
– Tue 10.12. at 18.00-20.00: Filocafé by Kriittinen Korkeakoulu. Event will be held on The Local’s cabinet.
– Wed 11.12. at 18.30-19.45: Wine yoga with Tiina Jaatinen. Tickets: 15€/person (incl. 12cl wine).
– Thu 12.12. at 17.00-17.45: Musician students of Gradia playing their new songs
– Sat 14.12. at 14.00-16.00: Music school PiaCello’s student’s concert
– Tue 17.12. at 18.30-19.30: Christmas concert by Kamilla Kavala & Samu Salo
– Wed 18.12. at 18.30-19.30: Melymbrosia
Art exhibitions at The Local Culture Café on 11.11.-21.12.2019
– Downstairs of our café & balcony & vitrines: Dance theater Kramppi
Our exhibitions are fully booked for the whole year 2019, so at the moment we don’t take any new reservations. We will inform, when it’s possible again.
Want to host a private event at The Local?
You can rent our café or even the whole house for a private celebration!
Our café is a popular place to host small gatherings, parties or recreational events.
Private events starting at 940€
Ask more at firstname.lastname@example.org