The Local Culture Café
Step into the amazing world of The Local Culture Café. Walk in through the robust double doors into the enchanting café. Choose the most delicious treats from the café; fragrant fresh coffee, aromatic delicious tea, beer from an artisan brewery, bun or a salty pastry from the local bakery. Sink into a soft sofa to enjoy the atmosphere alone or with friends. Spend time, play board games, listen to good music, work, read, whatever you want. The Local Culture Café is your living room right by the city centre.
Our selection is solely based on vegetarian and vegan options and we favor local products.
We are part of a cage-free campaign by a Finnish animal rights organization. This means that we only use free-range eggs, or so called “happy eggs” in our cafe. <3
The Local Culture Café selection
Organic coffee from Roastery Papu
Delicious tea selection from Teeleidi
Sweet and salty Finnish pastries
Beer from a local artisan brewery Hiisi
Vegan organic wines
Finnish cider and long drinks
Gelatos & sorbets from a local Art Gelato
Seasonal Finnish treats
We have also vegan options!
Come and try our Finnish breakfast!
All you can eat breakfast buffet 15,90€/person
Customize your own breakfast from the buffet, starting 2€
CAFÉ IS OPEN
MON-FRI 7.30am – 8pm
SAT 8am – 8pm
SUN 9am – 1pm
EXCEPTIONAL OPENING HOURS
– Sun 17.11. Café & reception are closed
BREAKFAST IS SERVED
MON-FRI 7.30am – 10am
SAT 8am – 12pm
The Local Culture Café arranges different sorts of events all the time!
Take part in our fun pub quizzes and different second hand markets, come and listen to live music, see or purchase local art and enjoy some theatre or cinematography.
Events at The Local during autumn 2019:
– Sat 9.11. at 14.00: Soiva Keski-Suomi concert series “Painavat siipensä“- Johanna Kärkkäinen and Olli Hirvanen. Tickets: 20€/18€/5€. Ticket includes coffee/tea + cookie.
– Wed 13.11. at 18.30-20.00: Anna ja Yhden Aapon yhtye
– Tue 19.11. at 18.00-20.00: Open rehearsal of “Heijastuksia“-display by Dance theater Kramppi
– Thu 21.11. at 19.00-20.00: “Heijastuksia” -preview by Dance theater Kramppi
– Fri 22.11. at 19.00-20.00: “Heijastuksia”– premiere display by Dance theater Kramppi. Tickets from the door: 15€/10€/5€.
– Sat 23.11. at 19.00-20.00: “Heijastuksia“-display by Dance theater Kramppi. Tickets from the door: 15€/10€/5€.
– Tue 26.11. at 18.00-20.00: Filocafé by Kriittinen Korkeakoulu. Event will be held on The Local’s cabinet.
– Thu 28.11. at 19.00-20.00: “Heijastuksia“-display by Dance theater Kramppi. Tickets from the door: 15€/10€/5€.
– Fri 29.11. at 19.00-20.00: “Heijastuksia“-display by Dance theater Kramppi. Tickets from the door: 15€/10€/5€.
– Sat 30.11. at 19.00-20.00: “Heijastuksia“-display by Dance theater Kramppi. Tickets from the door: 15€/10€/5€.
– Wed 4.12. at 9.00-10.00: Morning coffee with culture producers by Jyväskylän kaupungin kulttuuri- ja osallisuuspalvelut
– Fri 5.12. at 19.00-23.00: Private event. Café is closing at 18.00.
– La 7.12. at 15.00-16.00: Sol de Noche
– Tue 10.12. at 18.00-20.00: Filocafé by Kriittinen Korkeakoulu. Event will be held on The Local’s cabinet.
– Wed 11.12. at 18.30-20.00: Red wine yoga by Tiina Jaatinen
– Sat 14.12. at 14.00-16.00: Music school PiaCello’s student’s concert
– Tue 17.12. at 18.00-20.00: Christmas concert by Kamilla Kavala & Samu Salo
Art exhibitions at The Local Culture Café on 9.9.-8.11.2019
– Downstairs of our café & vitrines: Kaisa Luoma-aho – “Tässä.”
– Balcony: Onerva Kuoppala – “Päätön labyrintti”
Our exhibitions are fully booked for the whole year 2019, so at the moment we don’t take any new reservations. We will inform, when it’s possible again.
Want to host a private event at The Local?
You can rent our café or even the whole house for a private celebration!
Our café is a popular place to host small gatherings, parties or recreational events.
Private events starting at 940€
Ask more at email@example.com